Date published: December 6, 2018
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
Our Food and Beverage Department is the heart of our busy hotel and includes our Brasserie restaurant and lounge bar as well as our extensive Meeting and Events facilities. As Assistant Food and Beverage Manager you will be working in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure all departments run efficiently and provide the best possible service to our guest’s. Being in a customer-facing role means you are a confident, guest focussed individual but also have the attention to detail to effectively ensure paperwork is all up to date according to company and statutory deadlines. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Assistant Food and Beverage Manager?
- Direct line managing two separate Managers to ensure they are performing to the maximum effectiveness in their roles
- Bridging the operational gap between the Brasserie and Meetings and Events Teams to ensure smooth overall F&B running at all times.
- Maintaining quality of standards by continuously analysing actual standards against departmental standards.
- Demonstrating a proactive approach to company and operational standards and actively challenge variations to those standards while displaying a keen eye for detail
- Delivering and monitoring individual training plans including statutory training, induction and on the job training to ensure staff members are utilised efficiently and developed.
- Acting as a hands on manager on the floor when departmental managers are not on site.
- To ensure there is a Sales Culture within all F&B outlets to act upon up-selling and sales opportunities to create maximum revenue
As Assistant Food and Beverage Manager you will have…
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience as at least Assistant manager or higher in a quality 4 * hotels.
- Operational experience in all F & B departments including Events & Weddings with a good knowledge of wines & spirits and a passion for fresh, quality food.
- Financial awareness with an understanding of Food & Beverage revenue streams & controls, including POS.
- Self-motivation and able to motivate others to achieve.
- The drive and ability to implement standard, policies and procedures and to ensure they are adhered to.
- Proven man-management, coaching and team building skills.
- A good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation.
- An outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills, a professional manner and excellent command of written & spoken English with good IT skills.
- A working knowledge of/exposure to all operational areas of the hotel.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Assistant Food and Beverage Manager
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including BH
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Annual staff party & regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview