Date published: March 15, 2019
Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager
Our Meeting and Events offering provides our guests with personalised conference or special events service in our Business Centre, Function Rooms or Brasserie. We are seeking an Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager with a good knowledge of running meetings and events as well as a passion for fresh, quality food; together with a desire to deliver excellent levels of service to lead our Meeting & Events Operations department. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager?
- Providing a warm welcome to our guests for meetings and events and be able to inform and advise them of hotel amenities and products
- Preparing function rooms prior to events to ensure they meet the high standards of our guests
- Organizing and delivering Business Meetings, Special Events and Weddings for our guests.
- Improving operating standards in the Meetings and Events departments, ensuring consistently high standards of service and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Driving opportunities in the department to up-selling wherever possible
- Implementing and monitoring departmental training & development plans
- Carrying out performance reviews for direct reports, including the setting and review of business & personal objectives, motivating, coaching & team building.
- Duty Management as required on rota
As Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager you will have…
- 2-3 years operational experience in a Meeting and Events environment in at least a supervisory or junior management position
- The ability to display excellent customer service and guest care skills
- Self-motivation and drive- and be able to motivate others to achieve
- The ability to implement standards, policies and procedures and to police them.
- Good presentation with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills, a professional manner and excellent command of written & spoken English with good IT skills
- A pro-active and can-do attitude with excellent team working skills
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days, mornings and evenings as required.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
Back to Vacancies overview