Date published: December 6, 2018
Front Hall Porter
Our Front Office team and Front Hall Porters are the first and last personal contact some guests have with the hotel and are key to ensuring their stay gets off and finished smoothly. Front Hall Porters are responsible for assisting guests with their arrival and departure from the hotel including showing guests to rooms, carrying luggage and parking cars. Working in this face to face role means you are a confident and well presented individual with a warm way with people. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Front Hall Porter?
- Welcoming guests to the hotel and helping residents with their luggage and while showing guests to their rooms
- Parking guest cars if booked into the hotel secure car park
- Providing information and directions about the hotel and surrounding areas
- Delivering Room Service orders around the hotel to guest rooms
- Selective duties such as cash handling, problem solving and complaint handling
- Working with other team members and management to ensure a smooth service and high team morale.
As a Front Hall Porter you will have…
- A clean EU driving license and be over the age of 25 years ( for insurance purposes)
- The flexibility to work any 40 hours on a 5 day out of 7 rota including early mornings, late evenings and occasional nights
- A good command of written and spoken English
- The physical ability to carry/move heavy luggage and goods up and down stairs as the hotel does not have a lift
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, ideally in hospitality.
- A positive attitude and be a friendly individual and team player who would like to join a like minded team
- The ability to think on your feet and meet guests expectations in a timely manner
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a Front Hall Porter?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme EAP
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
Work patterns are shift work working 5 days on a 7 day rota. Shifts times vary anytime between 0645 – 2245 with an 8 hour shift.
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview