Date published: April 16, 2021
As we welcome our guests back, we are looking for an experienced General Manager of a quality 4* property with 100+ rooms, with knowledge of both the corporate and leisure markets and the ability to maximise revenue and occupancy through the development of both room and F & B sales. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of the guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything that they do.
What will I be doing as General Manager?
- Maintaining a high visual presence in all operational departments, overseeing, supporting and developing your management team to deliver consistently high standards of service in their departments in order to exceed our customer expectations.
- Ensuring standards are regularly reviewed, improved and updated where necessary and any Company wide standards are adhered to.
- Coaching your team to meet their financial targets and control their expenses in line with business needs through training their teams and upselling at every opportunity.
- Ensuring good communication lines are maintained upwards and downwards in all departments.
- Building and maintaining strong communications with all the newly created Cluster strategic departments across this family run group, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Carry out regular performance reviews with direct reports, setting and reviewing both business and personal objectives
As General Manager you will have?
- Proven operational management experience in a similar sized full service quality hotel.
- Self-motivation with drive and determination and the ability to lead and motivate others
- Good business acumen
- Experience in recruiting, coaching, training and team building in order to build and develop a strong management team.
- A good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation including Covid19 requirements and expectations.
- Knowledge of both leisure and corporate markets, ideally in the Berkshire/Buckinghamshire area.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a General Manager?
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme EAP
- Saroving Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview