Date published: April 2, 2019
As Hotel Controller, you will report to the General Manager and will manage the revenue control function of the hotel and Wrens Health Club, helping achieve budgeted revenues and GOP through effective controls, whilst ensuring that the management team is supported to fulfil their roles within the financial scope. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
(n.b. the hotel is not self accounting & Group Accountants produce final P & L; Balance sheet; VAT returns & bank reconciliations etc.)
What will I be doing as Hotel Controller?
- Auditing the daily business ensuring that revenue control policies and procedures are fully implemented in all departments.
- Ensuring that all expenditure is controlled and managed via the Company procurement system according to Company purchasing policies, procedures and standards.
- Producing accurate revenue forecasts in liaison with relevant line managers
- In liaison with the F & B Manager and Head Chef ensuring that there is an effective system of Food & Beverage Control
- Reviewing rotas and payroll costs and variances with HR to ensure accurate wage forecasts
- Completing month end control tasks and procedures as scheduled
- Managing two Accounts Assistants and a Storeman, ensuring the team are trained and developed to be fully competent and compliant.
- Reviewing the overall performance of the hotel in liaison with the senior management team on a monthly basis and report via the Business Review Meeting process
- Carrying out Duty Management on a rota basis
As Hotel Controller you will have..
- Solid previous experience across all functions of a hotel Control office with at least 2 years at supervisory level
- Knowledge of F & B control procedures, stock inventories, hotel Reception and Night Audit procedures
- Excellent IT skills, (Excel at Intermediate Level) with a good working knowledge of PMS systems including Opera & Micros;
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work with systems & procedures to ensure accuracy
- Excellent attention to detail, with an inquisitive and investigative nature.
- An assertive, proactive, commercial approach, with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communication, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to train, motivate and manage staff effectively and to persuade and influence senior colleagues.
- Ideally have previous Duty Management experience
Why join the Sir Christopher Wrens Hotel’s team as Hotel Controller?
At Sir Christopher Wren, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Wren’s Hotel team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- 28 days holiday including BH’s, rising after 2 years
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- 4 % Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care cover (after 6 month)
- Complimentary Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview