Date published: April 3, 2019
As a hotel business our rooms are key to the success of the business and as a linen porter you will support the housekeeping team to ensure rooms are prepared to the highest standard for our guests before check in and during their stay. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
The hours of work are usually 8am – 4.30pm or 9.30am – 6pm including weekends.
What will I be doing as a linen porter?
- Counting and sorting all clean and dirty linen coming to and from bedrooms and outside laundry
- Moving linen around the hotel to ensure that all room attendants and the Restaurant, Banqueting and Kitchen departments have the correct amount of linen in their departments in order to carry out their work.
- Assisting with removing and washing shower curtains and window nets and removing and re-hanging heavy bedroom curtains
- Moving furniture and goods around the hotel
- Maintaining high standard of cleanliness in the Hotel.
- Learning and building your knowledge on all the hotel’s products and services
As a linen porter you will have…
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a hotel, hospital or laundry area
- The physical ability to move goods up and down stairs as the hotel is an old building with some areas not having access to a lift
- A pro-active and can-do attitude.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent team working and organisation skills.
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days, mornings and evenings as required.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a linen porter?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview