Date published: January 18, 2019
Our Maintenance Team is the heart of our hotel as they assist all other departments with the smooth running of the hotel. As a Maintenance Assistant you will join the team in providing both reactive and proactive maintenance for all areas of the hotel including rooms and public areas. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Maintenance Assistant ?
- Providing day to day maintenance and upkeep of the interior and exterior areas of the hotel
- Working with the housekeeping team to ensure bedrooms are maintained to a 4 star standard
- Assisting with compliance and health and safety checks for the hotel to ensure we are in line with regulations
- Learning and building your knowledge of all the hotel’s areas as well as general maintenance understanding .
- Working well with your other team members to ensure smooth and prompt response to any maintenance issues
As a Maintenance Assistant you will have…
- A good working knowledge of general maintenance including basic knowledge of electrical, heating and plumbing systems.
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days a week
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at work regulations
- The ability to work in a team or independently on tasks
- The ability to think on your feet, respond quickly and problem solve effectively.
- Excellent command of written & spoken English
- Good grooming and social skills
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a Maintenance Assistant?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
This position would suit a candidate that has a trade (builder, plumber, electrician) looking to diversify.
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview