Date published: February 21, 2019
Our Maintenance team is vital to our business as they ensure that all area of the hotel are maintained to the highest possible standard. Joining the Maintenance team means you join a group of hard working and dedicated professionals who deliver both proactive and reactive maintenance for the Hotel and Spa. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Maintenance Manager?
- Providing strong leadership to the in-house maintenance team, as well as managing external contractors.
- Managing the maintenance of the physical plant, all electrical and mechanical equipment, kitchen equipment, controls, fire safety systems and the interior and exterior of the entire hotel.
- Supervising reactive work and preventative maintenance programmes for the bedrooms and public areas
- Ensuring compliance with all Health & Safety regulations.
- Liaising with the Housekeeping and Front Office department to co-ordinate and prioritise maintenance activities for guest rooms and public areas
- Proactively planning for capital replacement to ensure continuity of all maintenance service’s
- Developing, implementing, and directing all emergency programmes.
As an Maintenance Manager you will ideally have…
- Previous hotel experience as Maintenance Manager or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Prior experience of working in older style properties, ideally listed buildings including preventative maintenance & project management experience.
- A good working knowledge of general maintenance and engineering work including electrics; heating; plumbing systems; and Fire alarms and systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Health & Safety, ideally with Level 3 Health & Safety
- Strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to deliver results through people
- Analytical traits with the ability to make good business decisions.
- Good IT skills, experience with Opera would be an advantage
- Have the flexibility to work 5 out of 7 days a week including some weekends
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as an Maintenance Manager?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- • 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing after 2 years
• An additional paid day off for your birthday
• 5 % Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Health care, after 6 months
• Complimentary Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme EAP
• Smart Uniform or free dry cleaning of own work suits
• Various incentives and rewards based on performance
• Annual staff party
• Regular employee appreciation events
• Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
• Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
• Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview