Date published: December 6, 2018
Reception Shift Leader
Our Front Office and Receptionists are the first and last personal contact some guests have with the hotel and are key to ensuring their stay gets off and finished smoothly. Working in this face to face role means you are a confident and well presented individual with a warm way with people. Shift Leaders are in charge of running the Reception desk in the absence of the manager and ideally would have knowledge of both corporate and leisure markets and some supervisory experience.
We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Reception Shift Leader?
- Providing an excellent welcome and service to our guests
- Assisting guests with checking in and out of the hotel as well as with hotel and product knowledge
- Supervising and motivating the reception team to maintain efficient standards of service
- Ensuring that all customers receive an excellent level of service at all times through constant on the job coaching and training
- Supporting the Reception Manager in monitoring rotas to ensure staffing meets business needs
- Assisting with holiday cover for the night team
- Working with other team members and management to ensure a smooth service and high team morale.
As a Reception Shift Leader you will have…
- At least 2 years reception work in a similar hotel environment ideally with supervisory experience
- Good knowledge of working with a computerised PMS ideally Opera
- Self motivation and be able to motivate the team
- Experience coaching and mentoring team members to develop the team skills
- The ability to take extra responsibility when needed and be able to work under pressure
- Excellent Customer Service experience and the confidence to resolve customer enquiries effectively
- Excellent written and spoken English with good communication skills
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days, mornings and evenings as required.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a Reception Shift Leader?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme EAP
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
Work patterns are shift work working 5 days on a 7 day rota. Shifts times vary anytime between 0645 – 2245 with an 8 hour shift.
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview