Date published: April 20, 2021
Our kitchen team are at the heart of the hotel, helping the Front of house teams to make great memories for our guests. We believe that it is the people we employ that makes the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for individuals who are ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Sous Chef?
- Through a hands on approach, maintaining standard of product & making recommendations for seasonal menus.
- Maintaining & improving standard of service and operating standards, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Controlling departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business levels using Fourth.
- Implementing & monitoring all Health & Safety and hygiene practices and procedures
- Assisting the Cluster Head Chef to manage, motivate, train & coach the team
- Implementing and monitoring departmental training & development plans via appraisal process
- Ensuring all foods and kitchen supplies are purchased via the Company purchasing system
- Maintaining effective communication with the front of house team
As Sous Chef you will have.
- A minimum of 3 years solid experience throughout hotel kitchens up to Sous Chef level in similar operation
- The desire & ability to consistently deliver quality fresh foods
- Previous experience of all day dining
- Previous experience of banqueting up to 100 pax
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation & experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes including HACCPS.
- Good understanding of food controls, experience of ordering, menu pricing & costings in order to achieve GOP
- Self-motivated – and able to motivate others to achieve
- Proven team management, coaching and training skills
- Level 3 Managing Food Safety
Why work for us;
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Saroving Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with Immigration controls, all applicants must be legally able to reside and work in the UK.
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview