Date published: March 29, 2019
Our Brasserie is the heart of our hotel and we are looking for an experienced, passionate Sous Chef to join our dedicated team of chefs who work tirelessly to ensure the highest quality of fresh food is served to our guests in our 1 Rosette standard Brasserie. As a Sous Chef you will be supporting the Head Chef in the organisation and management of the kitchen and be involved in the preparation of fresh food for service. All food served in our Brasserie and Meetings and Events spaces is prepared from fresh on site for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Afternoon Tea and Meeting Breaks and this is something the Sous Chef needs to embrace and develop alongside the Head Chef. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Sous Chef?
- Assisting the Head Chef with a hands on approach, to maintain & improve the standard of product and service we offer.
- Introducing more variety of menus and ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
- Controlling the departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business levels.
- Implementing & monitoring Health & Safety and hygiene practices and procedures for the whole kitchen
- Supporting with departmental training & development plans for junior staff via the appraisal process
- Motivating and coaching the existing team and new members to ensure a strong team
- Working well with your other team members and management to ensure a smooth service and high team morale.
- Learning and building your knowledge on all the hotel’s products and services
As Sous Chef you will have…
- Several years solid experience throughout hotel kitchens up to Sous Chef level in similar kitchens with all day dining provisions.
- Experience working with fresh foods and have the desire & ability to deliver quality ala carte and buffets
- Experience of large volume functions and weddings
- Good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation & experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes.
- Full understanding of food controls & experience of ordering & menu pricing
- Self-motivation and able to motivate others to achieve
- Proven man-management, coaching and team building skills
- Intermediate Hygiene or Food Safety Level 3 or equivalent
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Sous Chef?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Chef whites provided and cleaned
- Free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Discounted membership of onsite Health Clubs & Spas
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview